We are hiring a designer to work with our design, product, and marketing teams to share
knowledge of our real-time analytics platform with the wider world.
Parse.ly is an analytics platform that helps digital storytellers at some of
the web's best sites, such as Arstechnica, New Yorker, The Telegraph, TechCrunch,
and many more.
To see an example of how we work as an engineering team, check out the blog post, "Whatever
This is a fully remote role. Parse.ly runs a fully distributed product
team, which includes several UX engineers and designers already. Whereas our
current staff focuses on the design of our web-based dashboard product, iOS
app, and customer-facing products, in this role, you'd help Parse.ly carry
its design vision to a wider audience, including prospects and the press.
You'd work on new designs for our public website; knowledge base and
documentation; print/digital marketing collateral; and new initiatives for
marketing designs behind newly launched products. You'd work closely with our
current design lead, marketing lead, and our UX team.
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe CC Suite.
- InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop are essential.
- Excellent eye for typography, color theory, and layout.
- Experience with infographic creation.
- Knowledge of print production.
- Knowledge of web design (HTML, CSS) and responsive design.
- Experience with executing brand identity and guidelines.
- The ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people.
- 2+ years of design experience (agency or internal design team).
Nice to Have
- Degree in design or related field.
- Experience with Sketch, Screenflow, and similar tools.
- Github experience.
- Remote work experience.
- Design creative assets for marketing collateral: case studies, one-sheets, decks, business cards, booklets, web and email graphics.
- Communicate and collaborate with developers, designers, and the marketing team.
- Ensure the visual representation of Parse.ly’s brand is consistent across various marketing and communication platforms.
Sales Development Representative
Parse.ly is looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative to further accelerate the rapid growth the company has seen in the last 3+ years. The position will be based in our New York City headquarters which features an amazing startup culture, a collaborative team, and awesome amenities (ping pong, kitchen stocked with snacks and beer, and standing desks).
Our ideal candidate will have some sales experience, showcase an ability to quickly learn a new industry, be familiar with technology and SaaS business models, and must have leadership potential. If you thrive in an environment where you can operate autonomously, love sales, and have great communication skills then we'd love to talk to you!
Primary responsibilities will include qualifing inbound leads, prospecting new leads, creating sales opportunities, and providing ongoing sales support throughout the sales cycle.
As an early employee you’ll be working directly with executives at Parse.ly, and
your work will directly impact most aspects of the company.
- Prospect up to 100 leads daily through phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.
- Reply to and follow up with inbound inquiries
- Schedule 1-2 meetings per day
- Manage outreach campaigns and leverage performance data to optimize prospecting efforts
- Communicate basic value to new prospects to open up more in depth conversations
- 1+ years of sales experience is a plus, but applicants of all experience levels are encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of and interest in online media businesses
- Experience / familiarity with SaaS businesses
- Proficiency with Salesforce is a plus
- Experience with or an interest in Startup culture
- Expert at Microsoft Office Suite and Google products like GMail, Google Docs,
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
We are hiring a software engineer to work on our real-time analytics dashboard.
Our analytics platform helps digital storytellers at some of the web's best
sites, such as Arstechnica, New Yorker, Mashable, The Next Web, and many more.
In total, our analytics backend system needs to handle over 50 billion monthly
events from over 475 million monthly unique visitors.
We are currently looking for software engineers to help us build the best
real-time analytics dashboard the world has ever seen. The only requirement is
information visualization, Edward Tufte, and d3.js. To see an example of how we
work, check out the
blog post, "Whatever It Takes".
- Write code using the best practices.
- Analyze data at massive scale.
- Brainstorm new product ideas and directions with team and customers.
- Master cloud technologies and systems.
- Learn, grow, and succeed in your career.
- Ideally 2-3 years experience in technology, but no minimum experience required.
- Self-sufficient, but works well with others.
- Highly organized and disciplined about self-improvement.
- Open source contributions and publicly scrutable code available.
Our distributed team is best-in-class and we happily skip commutes by working
out of our ergonomic home offices. Here's a photograph of our CTO's setup
full-screen Parse.ly dashboards on his monitors.
- Work from home or anywhere else in our industry-leading distributed team.
- Earn a competitive salary and benefits (health/dental/401k).
- Splurge with a generous equipment budget.
- Work with one of the brightest teams in tech.
- Speak at and attend conferences like PyData on Parse.ly's dime.
areas related to real-time analytics, building some of the best open source
tools for working with modern stream processing technologies. Our UX/design
team has also built one of the best-looking dashboards on the planet, using
AngularJS and d3.js. See some of the Parse.ly dashboard screenshots on our Tour Page.
- Python for both backend and frontend (2.7, we're going 3.x soon).
- Ubuntu 12.04 on every server (going 14.04 soon).
- Amazon Web Services used for most systems.
- Modern databases like MongoDB, Redis, Solr, and Postgres.
- Modern frontend development tools like d3.js, jQuery, and AngularJS.
- Frameworks like Django, Tornado and the PyData stack (e.g. Pandas).
- Running Kafka, Storm, Pig/Hadoop in production atop massive data sets.
- Cutting-edge tech evals in progress, like Cassandra and ElasticSearch.
- Easy system management with Fabric, Chef, and Vagrant.
- We've built a real-time content measurement layer for the entire web.
- 40-person team, half of which is a distributed engineering team.
- Small enough to be nimble, large enough to be dangerous.
- Actually solving tough data scaling and visualization problems daily.
- Commitment to open source and the Python community.
- Team attends and presents at: ApacheCon, PyCon 2013/2014, PyData, MongoWorld, etc.
- Customers are top journalists, editors, and site managers at top online sites
-- smart, savvy, demanding customers!
Parse.ly is a venture-backed startup providing analytics to the web's best
publishers. We have a sales office in New York City and a fully distributed
(remote) engineering team.
Parse.ly tracks billions of pageviews per month and counts many of the world's
biggest media companies as customers. But, we're looking to grow, and you can