Sales Development Representative¶
Parse.ly is looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative to further accelerate the rapid growth the company has seen in the last 3+ years. The position will be based in our New York City headquarters which features an amazing startup culture, a collaborative team, and awesome amenities.
Our ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, a quick learner, self-motivated, comfortable with technology, and must have leadership potential. If you thrive in an environment where you can contribute to a team, love finding solutions for people, and want to be part of changing the media industry then we'd love to talk to you!
Primary responsibilities will include qualifying people interested in Parse.ly, finding and reaching out to companies that could use Parse.ly, and creating/supporting sales opportunities. As an early employee you’ll be working directly with executives at Parse.ly, and your work will directly impact most aspects of the company.
- Prospect up to 100 leads weekly through phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.
- Reply to and follow up with inbound inquiries in timely manner
- Schedule 3-4 meetings per week
- Manage outreach campaigns and leverage performance data to optimize prospecting efforts
- Understand the challenges our clients face
- Communicate basic value of our product to new prospects to open up more in depth conversations
- 1+ years of sales experience is a plus, but applicants of all experience levels are encouraged to apply
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Experience with or an interest in Startup culture
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and interest in online media businesses
- Experience / familiarity with SaaS businesses
Our analytics platform helps digital storytellers at some of the web's best sites, such as Arstechnica, New Yorker, Mashable, The Next Web, and many more. In total, our analytics backend system needs to handle over 50 billion monthly events from over 475 million monthly unique visitors.
- Write code using the best practices.
- Analyze data at massive scale.
- Brainstorm new product ideas and directions with team and customers.
- Master cloud technologies and systems.
- Learn, grow, and succeed in your career.
- Ideally 2-3 years experience in technology, but no minimum experience required.
- Self-sufficient, but works well with others.
- Highly organized and disciplined about self-improvement.
- Open source contributions and publicly scrutable code available.
Our distributed team is best-in-class and we happily skip commutes by working out of our ergonomic home offices. Here's a photograph of our CTO's setup running two full-screen Parse.ly dashboards.
- Work from home or anywhere else in our industry-leading distributed team.
- Earn a competitive salary and benefits (health/dental/401k).
- Splurge with a generous equipment budget.
- Work with one of the brightest teams in tech.
- Speak at and attend conferences like PyData on Parse.ly's dime.
- Python for both backend and frontend (2.7, we're going 3.x soon).
- Ubuntu 12.04 on every server (going 14.04 soon).
- Amazon Web Services used for most systems.
- Modern databases like MongoDB, Redis, Solr, and Postgres.
- Modern frontend development tools like d3.js, jQuery, and AngularJS.
- Frameworks like Django, Tornado and the PyData stack (e.g. Pandas).
- Running Kafka, Storm, Pig/Hadoop in production atop massive data sets.
- Cutting-edge tech evals in progress, like Cassandra and ElasticSearch.
- Easy system management with Fabric, Chef, and Vagrant.
- We've built a real-time content measurement layer for the entire web.
- 40-person team, half of which is a distributed engineering team.
- Small enough to be nimble, large enough to be dangerous.
- Actually solving tough data scaling and visualization problems daily.
- Commitment to open source and the Python community.
- Team attends and presents at: ApacheCon, PyCon, PyData, MongoWorld, etc.
- Customers are top journalists, editors, and site managers at top online sites -- smart, savvy, demanding customers!
Apply to Parse.ly¶
Apply now: send a CV/website, github link (if available), and 1 paragraph intro by clicking the application link below. Let us know what part of the position interests you, and point us toward an interesting project or piece of code you wrote.
How we work
We are a team of individuals doing incredible work that contribute to the success of our company. Parse.ly’s mission is to empower others companies to do the same, because the work each employee does matters - and we use the power of data to prove it.
Parse.ly values actions over experience, innovation over tradition, results over potential, and simplicity over intricacy. We distribute our work, we communicate openly, we treat each other with respect, we value results, not effort, and we enjoy what we do.
Read more about our distributed team: