With one of the largest data sets on media and content, Parse.ly's data insights team delivers industry-wide analysis and trends. See all of our research into a diverse array of digital publishing trends in one place.
Does Twitter matter for news sites?
Twitter drives a median 8.5 percent of all social traffic to media sites across Parse.ly’s network of digital publishers. But to what extent can publishers influence this number? Does the type of content shared on Twitter impact how readers engage?
This Authority Report examines:¶
- How much traffic publishers are getting from Twitter
- Differences between "conversational" tweets and "breaking news" tweets in terms of how much traffic they are sending to news sites
- Tweet volume relating to the 2016 U.S. Presidential election
- Hourly volume of tweets mentioning the Brussels terrorist attack
- Key takeaways for news organizations using Twitter
In each Authority Report, Parse.ly shows the top known referral sources to our network of sites. Each of these depicts a snapshot of the traffic to our network in time and reflects both industry trends and shifts in our publishing clients.
Traffic Sources Update:¶
- Facebook remains ahead of Google as the top source of referral traffic to Parse.ly's network of digital publishers.
- See the top referral sources to the Parse.ly publishing network today!
Download the Authority Report now to see our findings.
Download this Authority Report
Here you go!
Publishers and Metrics: Where the Industry Is Now - a Webinar
Speakers from the CUNY Social Journalism Program, Time Inc., and Parse.ly talk accessing, understanding, and applying content analytics to your publishing strategy.
Getting There: How Brands, Publishers, and Agencies Use Content Analytics
81% of digital media professionals have access to analytics. Learn how they're applying analytics to content strategy, and where the gaps still exist.