With one of the largest data sets on media and content, Parse.ly's data insights team delivers industry-wide analysis and trends. See all of our research into a diverse array of digital publishing trends in one place.
The state of tags in digital media
Are Digital Publishers Using Metadata Well?
The latest installment of the Authority Report summarizes the current state of tags in digital media. The Parse.ly team analyzed tagging conventions across our network of nearly 400 digital media organizations to see how different companies use, or don’t use, tags. Though there is not much standardization, we can give you a glimpse into what digital publishers are doing now.
Authority Report Findings:¶
- How many organizations are using (and not using) tags
- Tips for using tags effectively
- For Major Publishers, Facebook Referral Traffic Passes Google Again - Marketing Land
- Facebook, Not Google, Is Now the Top Referral Source for Digital Publishers - Adweek
- Facebook has taken over from Google as a traffic source for news - Fortune
- Facebook is now more important than Google for online publishers - Business Insider
Download this Authority Report
Here you go!
Publishers and Metrics: Where the Industry Is Now - a Webinar
Speakers from the CUNY Social Journalism Program, Time Inc., and Parse.ly talk accessing, understanding, and applying content analytics to your publishing strategy.
Getting There: How Brands, Publishers, and Agencies Use Content Analytics
81% of digital media professionals have access to analytics. Learn how they're applying analytics to content strategy, and where the gaps still exist.